Sunday 15 February 2015

DIY Plank Accent Wall

Hello all! Still plugging away at our complete home redecoration! The porch/entry way is almost done, at which point we will move on to a section between the porch and kitchen which purposes as a laundry room, and then it's the kitchen. 

We have this ugly brick type panelling on one wall in our kitchen that my mother has painted a blah beige.  I am sure it was stylish back in the 80's when my parents put it up, but sorry Mom and Dad, its not the 80s anymore and the bricks have gotta go!


So, Mom and I started in search of some ideas. Sure, we could tear down the panneling and put up drywall but wheres the fun in that? 


THIS is what I am in love with.....









and THIS is my absolute FAV.....



Beautiful right? Now, I just have to get my parents on board, which shouldn't be too hard to do, and then begin collecting as much scrap wood as I can. The rest I will buy. 

But before we do that, there's still a lot of work that has to be done...

And before I go, I wanted to give you a sneak peak at my latest mini project that's just a teensy weensy part of the big project....


I promise to post the competed project once the porch/entry way is completed as this will be a part of the decor. 

Until next time.....



4 comments:

  1. I love that rustic wall, some of my friends have a wall like that behind their bed in the master suite!
    I can't wait to see how it looks (& I can't wait to see what your little project is because I'm loving that turquoise color)

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea!! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Glad I found your blog!

    XO,
    Emily
    Www.idodeclareblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection, I love planked walls, can wait to see what you do! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete