Sunday 8 February 2015

Turquoise AND distressed....what more could you ask for?!

So, I have had this dresser for years. It was taken out of my grandparents house after they passed away more than 20 years ago, and it was handmade by my great grandfather. It's a small piece and very cute. I don't have a picture of it right now as it's packed tightly into the back of our basement. Right now its housing a coat of glossy black paint, a makeover gone wrong, and has no handles or drawer pulls. 


Fast forward to today....


I was browsing on (Gasp! You'll never believe it) Pinterest for nothing in particular as I often (daily) do and I came across this AMAZING piece of furniture......


Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? You can check it out here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/381257924677585027/


So, then I started searching up two of my absolute fav words when it comes to furniture....Turquoise and distressed and
was I ever in for a eye candy treat! 






http://www.sawdustandembryos.com/




So, this got me thinking about the old dresser, hidden in the rubble of chaos known as our basement. Turquoise and distressed would be perfect! 

So, first thing tomorrow I am getting to work. There is sorting and purging to do and a whole lot of tidying up to get the little gem out in the open to start work. I will be sure to post a "Before" picture before I begin working! I'm super excited to start! 

Until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment